BeZero Carbon is a London-based climate intelligence business that helps organisations make smarter Net Zero decisions. We support clients through BeZero Carbon Markets, a data and analytics platform for the Voluntary Carbon Market, and through decarbonisation and natural capital solutions.
Founded in April 2020, we are rapidly growing, with investor backing and an already enviable client list. Our 50-strong team combines expertise across climatic and earth sciences, sell-side research, data and technology, engineering, and public policy, working from six continents.
We are on an exciting path to becoming one of the leading companies accelerating the Net Zero transition, helping organisations throughout the climate value chain and creating prosperity through climate action.
BeZero is looking for a People and HR Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a competent HR professional who has ambition to develop more responsibility and experience on the People side. Due to the scale of our business, we need someone who understands and can manage the nuts and bolts of an HR function. However there will be opportunities to take increasing responsibility for People issues such as culture and talent management.
We have grown rapidly from c.10 people at the start of 2021 to more than 50 today, and we have big ambitions for further growth in 2022. We want BeZero to remain an exciting and rewarding place to work as we scale; somewhere that our team can see themselves building a career. This role is instrumental to that vision. The People and HR Manager will report into the Operations team.
- Recruitment: Coordination of job specs, placement of job postings, driving applications, finding and screening candidates, coordinating end-to-end process of interviews, scoring, feedback
- Onboarding & Offboarding: Run process for all roles across the business
- Compliance: Manage and update HR systems, ensure compliance with appropriate regulations
- Visa sponsorship: Manage our visa sponsor status, including applying for new certificates of sponsorship when appropriate
- Policies: Assist with developing and updating appropriate people policies across the business
- Benefits: Manage and assist with build out of our benefits structure
- Culture: Take the lead to retain and develop our entrepreneurial, friendly, outcome-focused culture
- Diversity & Inclusion: assist with development and lead on execution of a robust D&I strategy and policies, including in recruitment
Our ideal candidate will have:
- ~2-4 years professional experience working within a business in an HR role
- Strong attention to detail, with knowledge of UK employment regulations
- Enthusiasm for developing and bringing out the best in people
- The ability to work effectively under pressure within a fast-growing company
- The confidence and gravitas to act as a trusted advisor and champion for People issues within the business
- An adaptable and flexible attitude, with a ‘find a way or make a way’ approach!
- Preferred: an interest in climate and environmental topics
- Preferred: some knowledge of EU / global employment regulations
What we’ll offer:
- Opportunity to influence and shape BeZero’s nascent People strategy, and to grow into a more senior role
- Ability to learn and develop alongside a range of sector specialists from the scientific, economic and business community
- Opportunity to work in a cross-cutting role, interacting with lots of different parts of the business
- Growth opportunities that come from working at a fast-paced VC-backed technology business
- Central London office space (Angel) with flexibility to work from home 2 days a week + some flexibility over working location during the summer; as well as regular social events (situation permitting)
- Opportunity for share options
Our interview process:
- Initial screening interview (15 mins)
- Second interview (30 mins) + skills test
- Final interview (45 mins) with senior management
- Reference checks + offer