Full time, London based / remote working, £28k-£40k p.a. depending on experience
BeZero is a new full-service climate solutions business established in April 2020 offering a variety of innovative products and services across decarbonisation, offsetting, and natural capital.
The business is fast-growing, profitable, and well capitalised. The growing team has expertise across economics, engineering, earth sciences, environmental technology, commodities, and technology.
BeZero Carbon is looking for an entrepreneurial, passionate, social media savvy, communications professional with a keen interest in supporting climate action. This role provides an exciting opportunity to build out and shape BeZero Carbon's communication functions.
The applicant will be required to play an internal and external-facing role. This includes writing content for BeZero and clients; building BeZero’s public relations reputation with media stakeholders; delivering communications packages for our clients across their business lines, and driving the build-out of BeZero’s communications offering.
- Supporting co-founders in building a PR campaign for BeZero
- Working across the business to develop and deliver communications packages for clients
- Measure and evaluate BeZero’s digital communications outputs, using data to guide strategy
- Developing a strong BeZero identity in the emerging climate economy
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of full time relevant professional experience in public relations, journalism, or communications, with a focus on climate or broader environmental issues
- Experience in copywriting, proofreading and written communication skills
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills showcasing strategic thinking and creative ideas
- Experience running a variety of social media channels - LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter
- The ability to work effectively under pressure within a fast-growing company
- The ideal candidate will have experience using Adobe creative suite and Hubspot
What we’ll offer:
- Opportunity to work with co-founders to develop a core communications proposition for a fast-growing start-up
- Opportunity to shape the narrative in emerging climate economy
- Access learn and develop alongside a range of sector specialists from the scientific, economic and business community
- Experience interacting with clients, and selling a product
- Flexible working hours & location; as well as regular social events (situation allowing)