BeZero Carbon is a London-based climate solutions company founded in April 2020. We help organisations make smarter Net Zero decisions through our platform and service offerings:
- BeZero Carbon Markets is the world’s leading data and analytics platform for the Voluntary Carbon Market, powered by our proprietary BeZero Carbon Rating methodology. Users can discover, understand, compare and value accredited carbon projects all over the world, and make better trading and investment decisions.
- BeZero Carbon Solutions enables organisations to know where they are in their climate journey, plan Net Zero strategies and act to ensure they reach their goals. Our team also works with project developers and investors to bring carbon projects to market.
We are a 50-strong team combining expertise across a range of disciplines including climatic and earth sciences, economics and markets research, data and technology, engineering, and public policy. We have employees across six continents, who are collectively driven by our mission to deliver prosperity via climate action.
BeZero is looking for a sharp and quantitatively-minded analyst to lead our carbon markets research offering. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to come in and build and own all our non-project-level research offerings within the business.
The BeZero Carbon Market (BCM) platform provides data and analytics research into certified voluntary carbon projects. It serves to help scale the voluntary carbon market by driving efficiency and transparency. Users of the BCM cover the full range of actors in the voluntary carbon market, each with slightly different needs and use cases. This role would be responsible for developing and maintaining research products that provide a cornerstone of platform content and are focused on meeting the needs of these different customer groups.
- Lead the carbon markets research & content generation for the BCM platform
- Come up with new and innovative research product offerings for the BCM platform
- Develop key partnerships and relationships with carbon projects, carbon brokers and offset buyers
- Work with BeZero Carbon Solutions team on bespoke market research
- Support creation of marketing materials for BCM platform
- Build a reputation for excellence in the wider public domain
- Support with the longer-term hiring and development of a broader research team
- Input knowledge into the creation of technology and software solutions, including working with the tech team to help develop our data management & processes
Our ideal candidate:
- At least 3-5 years experience working in a research or analysis role within the carbon markets sector
- Highly motivated, self-starter willing to take ownership and initiative for developing innovative research products
- Able to build relationships with industry players, preferably bringing a strong existing network
- Strong quantitative skills, with the ability to manipulate and analyse large data sets
- Able to create compelling commentary and narrative from data analysis
What we’ll offer:
- Leadership role at a fast-paced VC-backed technology business
- Opportunity to shape the future of analysis and research for a cutting-edge product at the forefront of climate action
- Ability to learn and develop alongside a range of sector specialists from the scientific, economic and business community
- Central London office space (Angel) with flexibility to work from home 2 days a week
- Some flexibility over working location during the summer
- Regular social events
- Opportunity for equity
Our interview process - what to expect:
- Initial screening interview (15 mins)
- Second round interviews + skills test (2 x ~45 mins)
- Final interview (60 mins) with the founders
- Reference checks + offer